The New VSA
A robust, interactive, and custom tool to support college and university leaders’ use of data in strategic planning and decision making.
Designed by institutions for institutions, the VSA allows users to build custom analytical and graphical reports with the SAS-Visual Analytics platform in just minutes. The growing platform currently offers more than 25 benchmarking reports based on a custom national dataset containing more than 350 variables from roughly 4,200 institutions.
VSA subscribers gain:
- Unlimited access for unlimited members of your campus community to VSA Analytics – a suite of reports offering dynamic visualizations through the SAS-Visual Analytics platform on more than two dozen performance indicators.
- The ability to create custom comparison groups and make side-by-side comparisons with peer institutions. All data can be downloaded and all reports can be printed.
- Exclusive access to the VSA National Dataset – an array of data compiled, cleaned, and merged into an institution-level dataset for analysis and reporting on more than 4,200 institutions. Sources include: The National Center for Education Statistics’ Integrated Postsecondary Education Data System (IPEDS), the National Science Foundation’s Higher Education Research & Development survey expenditures; the Student Achievement Measure (SAM), and the U.S. Department of Education’s College Scorecard.
- Webinars and educational materials on how to use national data to support institutional and strategic planning.
More data and metrics!
NEW IN 2019!:
Recently released …
- Eight years of merged, cleaned, and integrated data
- Trend reports that include eight years of data for the VSA metrics
Stay tuned for additional data sources and new metrics.
Check out a video about the VSA below: